National Foster Care Month is a time to recognize the role each of us plays in enhancing the lives of children and youth in foster care. This year, the theme for National Foster Care Month is “Building Blocks to Permanent Families.” The Children’s Bureau’s National Foster Care Month website provides resources that highlight a variety of practices and approaches you can use to support permanence through reunification, kinship care, guardianship, and adoption for children and youth in foster care and their families.
Visit the National Foster Care Month website to learn more about:
- Engaging families in case planning
- Enriching caseworker and family visits
- Supporting families and caregivers through services
- Building family and community connections
- Enhancing well-being for children, youth, and families
- Strengthening families through permanence
The website also offers resources for youth and foster parents; State-by-State foster care information; tools to promote National Foster Care Month; and inspiring real-life stories from families, youth, foster parents, caseworkers, and others.
Bookmark the website today: https://www.childwelfare.gov/fostercaremonth/
For more information, contact Child Welfare Information Gateway via telephone at 1.800.394.3366 or email at email@example.com